Thursday 16 August 2012

We are learning about insulation

We covered our plastic bottle with materials and then colored in a penguin and put it on with string. We filled them with water and tested their temperature after 5 minutes to see if our penguin kept the water the warmest.




Timora - I put tin foil on the bottom to keep the water hot.




Teddy - I put on cotton balls everywhere and colored in my penguin. I was happy with the penguin.




Jana - I covered my penguin in tin foil, pink wool, tissue, cotton balls, and angora.




Ella - My penguin it measured 55ㅇC (from 73ㅇC) after 5 minutes. I liked my penguin.




Marik - I put on tissue, cotton balls and tin foil because I thought they would keep it warm.




Bailey F-D - I put tissue, blue wool and cotton balls on because it keeps it the warmest.




Tino - I pasted a cotton ball on the top so it would look better.




Samachow - I only covered my penguin with cotton balls because I thought it would keep it the warmest.




Rica - My penguin had tissue, blue and pink wool, cotton balls and tin foil so it is excellent to keep the begin hotter.




James - My penguin temperature was 56ㅇC from 73ㅇC which I thought was excellent. It was covered in foil, angora and cotton balls




Bailey S - My penguin was covered in tin foil only. I thought this was going to keep hot because in another experiment tin foil kept the cup the hottest.

5 comments:

  1. Love all the penguins! Good job room 1. From the Topp family in Omokoroa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the south Island does have penguins in our oceans however do you up north of the Bombay Hills see them swimming in your ocean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not quite north of the Bombay Hills. In the Western Bay of Plenty. We have seen them in the Tauranga harbour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Room 1, I LOVE your penguins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it took you a long time good job im loving it

    ReplyDelete